Bergen County Housing, Health & Human Services Center
120 South River Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Main Number: 201-336-6480
As our needs change, before dropping off any donations at the Center, all donations must be confirmed, and a delivery date/time arranged with Gineen Brady at 201-336-6491
At this time, the shelter is need of the following NEW items for ADULTS:
Men and Women’s undergarments M, L, XL
T-Shirt, long and short sleeve Adults M, L, XL
Sweat Pants / Shirts for Men and Women – M, L, XL
Flip-flops for Showering
- We currently accept only new, casual sportswear/clothing for men/women (ages 20 - 60’s), that is appropriate for a shelter setting.
- New men and women’s short / long sleeve tee-shirts, Henley’s, underwear M to 2XL, and women’s sports bras M to 2XL.
- Seasonally appropriate, new men and women’s coats / jackets, and zip-up hooded sweatshirts with pockets.
- New flip-flops, sizes 7 to 13, for men and women (are used as shower shoes).
- New, full-sized toiletries, as well as other personal care products: shaving cream, disposable razors, body lotion, shampoo/conditioner, and body wash.
- Watches with alarms on them.
- Gift cards in any denomination (Target, Walmart, Visa) so that the Center may purchase items as our needs change. We can also provide our guests, who are moving into permanent housing, with a gift card for basics to help set up their home.
Presently, we are not accepting the following items:
- Feminine hygiene products, and adult incontinence products, such as Depends
In the warmer weather, we always need the following items:
- Lightweight summer tee shirts for men and women, M to 3XL
- Lip balm
- Sunglasses, sunhats, sun visors