Do you know…?

You are committing fraud if you sign a form knowing that you provided false or misleading information.

The information you provide on housing assistance application and re-certification forms will be checked. The local housing agency, HUD, or the Office of Inspector General will check the income and asset information you provide with other Federal, state or local governments and with private agencies. CERTIFYING FALSE INFORMATION IS A FRAUD.

When you fill out your application and yearly re-certification for assisted housing from HUD, make sure your answers to the questions are accurate and honest. You must include:

  • All sources of income and changes in income you or any members of your household receive, such as wages, welfare payments, social security, veterans’ benefits, pension, retirement, etc.
  • Any money you receive on behalf of your children, such as child support, AFDC payments, social security for children, etc.
    Any increase in income, such as wages from a new job or an expected pay raise or bonus.
  • All assets, such as bank accounts, savings bonds, certificates of deposit, stocks, real estate, etc., that are owned by you or any member of
    your household..
  • All income from assets, such as interest from savings and checking accounts, stock dividends, etc.
  • Any business or asset (your home) that you sold in the last two years at less than full value.
  • The names of everyone, adults or children, relatives and non-relatives who are living with you and make up your household.

If you know of anyone who provided false information on a HUD housing assistance application or re-certification or if anyone tells you to provide false information, you can report that person as follows:

Please fill out the below form.


HABC Fraud Email: